Department of Finance of Lam Dong Province
Address: 44A Ho Tung Mau Street - Da Lat City - Lam Dong Province.
II. Department's leaders
1. Mrs. Phung Thi Hien
2. Mr. Pham Gia Khiang
3. Mr. Le Van Nhan
4. Mr. Vu Dinh Tuan
III. Position and functions
1. Department of Finance of Lam Dong Province is the specialized authority under the LamDong People’s Committee which helps People’s Committee to implement the local State management function on: finance; State budget; tax, fees, charges and other receipts of State budget; State properties; national financial funds; financial investment; enterprise finance; accounting; independent audit; tariff and financial service activities at the local pursuant to Law.
2. Department of Finance of Lam Dong Province is a legal entity has own stamp and account. The Department is under the guidelines and management of organization, personnel and duty of the provincial People’s Committee; at the same time is under the guidelines, checking and major instructions of Ministry of Finance.
IV. Duties and Rights
1. Submitting to Provincial People’s Committee to issue:
- Decisions, instructions and other documents within issuing authorization of People’s Committee on finances;
- Long-term, 5-years and annual plan and programs of finances according to the master plan of local socio-economical development;
- Program and implementation method of State administrative reform duties within the State management scope of Lam Dong department of finance;
- Normative documents which define specifically standard and title for the Head and Vice Head of organizations under Lam Dong Department of finance; for the Head and Vice Head of Financial Dept. of People’s Committee in district; after the agreement to Department which manages relevant sectors or fields.
- Plan of income decentralization and payment tasks of each local budget level; allocation norm of payment estimate of local budget; fees collection and contributions of people pursuant to the law to submit to provincial People’s Council as authorized;
- Estimate of local budget adjustment; plans of budget balance and necessary methods to fulfill assigned tasks of budget collection and payment and submit to the provincial People’s Council decided as authorization;
- Rearrangement and resettlement of houses and lands belong to State within the local management scope.
2. Submitting to Chairman of provincial People’s Committee to issue:
- Decisions, instructions and other documents within issuing authority of Chairman of Provincial People’s Committee on State management aspect of Lam Dong Department of finance;
- Decisions to establish, merge, split, reorganize or dissolve units of the Department pursuant to Law;
- Regulations of management, task cooperation and mode of information and report between the provincial organizations of agriculture and rural development sector based in districts and People’s Committee in district; between technical staffs in commune and People’s Committee in commune.
3. Helping Chairman of provincial People’s Committee with leading, instructing, checking, information, propaganda, law education on finances; organizing the implementation of normative documents, policies, planning, plan, program, and project within the State management scope of Lam Dong department of finance after issued or approved by authorities.
4. On State budget management, tax, fees, charges and other receipts of State budget
a. Instructing provincial administrative units, enterprises and lower level of financial agencies to setup estimation of annual state budget pursuant to the Law.
Implementing to check and investigate budget estimation of the same-level organizations and of junior’s; setting estimation of budget collection in the area, of local budget collection and payment; setting plan of provincial budget allocation, reporting to provincial People’s Committee to submit for decision of provincial People’s Council;
b. Leading and cooperating to relevant organizations for setting and submitting to provincial People’s Committee issuing as authorized regulation documents on money collection of land usage, land renting, water surface renting, joint-venture contribution by value of land usage right, house renting and sale which belong to national ownership and other receipts of state budget according to regulations of State budget law in aspects of national properties, land mineral resources.
Instructing, checking and organizing the implementation of policies; defining collection price and land usage tariff, money collection of land renting, water surface renting, joint-venture contribution by value of land usage right, house renting and sale which belong to national ownership;
c. Cooperating to relevant organizations for implementation of collection management of tax, fees, charges and other receipts in the local area;
d. Checking and supervising the management and budget usage at the organizations and units using state budget; requiring state treasury temporarily stop the payment when discover the payment is over estimation, payment is wrong to policy or not executed as reporting system of Government;
e. Testing the balance-sheet of state budget collection arisen in district, of district collection and payment; testing and informing the balance-sheet to administrative organizations, enterprises and other organizations which use provincial budget; approving the balance-sheet of cost authorized by Government implemented by local.
Summarizing the progress of state budget collection and payment, setting the balance-sheet of total annual budget of locality, submitting to provincial People’s Committee to report for approval of Province People’s Council, then reporting to Ministry of Finance;
f. Management of investment and development fund:
- Together with Department of Planning & Investment and related organizations advising Provincial People’s Committee strategy of attraction, mobilization, usage of domestic and foreign short-term and long-term investment capitals; setting policies and methods of coordination and usage effective enhancement of official development aids (ODA) in the local area. Helping People’s Committee with financial management for ODA programs and projects in the area.
- Cooperating to Department of Planning & Investment and other related organizations in setting of estimation and plan of estimation allocation of payments for annual investment development; leading and cooperating to related organizations in allocating other budgets with investment nature and submitting for decision of provincial People’s Committee.
- Cooperating to Department of Planning & Investment in submitting for decision of provincial People’s Committee of investment budget allocation, list of investment projects using state budget; plan of adjustment and allocation of investment budget in necessary cases; setting plan of adjustment and regulation of investment budget for investment projects from local budget.
- Joining in investment concluding; testing, investigating, making suggestion as authorization for investment projects managed by the Province.
- Checking the implementation of investment budget plan; progress of management, usage and balance-sheet of investment budget belong to local budget of investor and financial organizations at district and commune; progress of checking and payment of investment budget of State treasury in province and district.
- Testing the investment budget balance-sheet of completed project, submitting for approval of provincial People’s Committee Chairman for projects within the approval authorization of the Chairman. Testing, approving the balance-sheet of projects invested by enterprise budget with nature of basic construction investment in the local as regulations.
- Summarizing and analyzing the progress of budget mobilization and usage, evaluating effect of management and usage of investment budget, local budget balancing, reporting to provincial People’s Committee and Ministry of finance as regulations;
g. Managing authorized budgets by Government and local financial reserve funds pursuant to the Law;
h. Managing of loans and aids for locality pursuant to the Law; managing state budget towards direct foreign aids for locality belong to collection source of local budget; helping provincial People’s Committee to deploy the issuing of local bond and other loans according to regulations of State budget Law;
i. Instructing and checking the implementation of financial autonomy mechanism of public enterprises; and the method of autonomy and self-responsible for administrative management costs of governmental administration organizations pursuant to the Law;
j. Instructing and implementing system of financial public of state budget pursuant to the Law;
k. Collecting petitions of inspectors and auditors in finance and budget then reporting to provincial People’s Committee.
5. On management of state properties at the local
- Setting and submitting to provincial People’s Committee instruction documents of management and usage of state properties and state management decentralization of state properties within local management scope;
- Instructing and checking the implementation of state properties management system; proposing financial methods to ensure the effective management and usage of state properties as authorized in the local area;
- Deciding as authorized or submitting for authorized decision from provincial People’s Committee on purchasing, renting, withdrawal, transferring, liquidation, selling, destroying state properties, handing-over state properties to public enterprise for autonomy finance and using their state properties for purpose of business, service, renting, joint-venture, cooperation;
- Instructing and organizing the implementation of public method of state properties at offices, organizations and units pursuant to the Law;
- Cooperating to Department of Natural resources and environment in instructing and checking the local offices, organizations and units in the policy implementation of compensation, allowance and resettlement when Government takes land back;
- Organizing to receive, manage and submit to provincial People’s Committee the settlement decision or handling as authorized towards properties: which cannot be defined the ownership, which are hidden or sunk now founded, which are confiscated then put into state budget, which belong to projects used state budget (including ODA capital) when project ended and properties are setup the State ownership;
- Organizing the management and excavation of state properties not yet handed-over to organization or individual’s management and usage; managing arisen financial sources during the progress of managing, excavating, handing-over and processing state budget;
- Advising the provincial People’s Committee to suggest to Ministries, professions and Ministry of Finance on the house and land arrangement of Governmental offices which managed in the local area.
- Managing database of state properties within management scope of locality; helping the provincial People’s Committee to implement the progress of management and usage of state properties belong to local management scope.
6. On management of State financial funds (funds of investment & development; fund of credit guarantee for small and medium enterprises; fund of housing development and other State financial funds established according to the law)
- Leading to setup project, inspecting documents on establishment and funds operations and reporting to provincial People’s Committee for their approval or submit for approval to authorities; advising to help provincial People’s Committee deciding issues on investment and renting objects; interest; allocating charter capital to funds pursuant to the Law;
- Monitoring, checking and supervising funds’ operation; checking and supervising the execution of financial management mode and implementation of other tasks according to the assignment from provincial People’s Committee;
- Checking and supervising the local budget usage delegated to organizations (investment & development funds, government financial organizations,…) to implement the disbursement, loan, interest support according to objectives defined by provincial People’s Committee .
7. On management of enterprise finance
- Instructing the implementation of management policy and regulation of enterprise finance, cooperative finance and collective economy; financial policy served the ownership conversion, rearrangement of state enterprise, transforming public enterprises into business enterprise, equitization of public enterprise, modes of management, preservation and development of state budget at enterprises;
- Checking the legal implementation on finance and accounting of business types in the local area pursuant to the law;
- Managing the capital and state properties at enterprises, cooperate economical organization, collective economy established by locality according to legal regulation; implementing the right and duty being owner representative of state capital at enterprises according to the assignment of provincial People’s Committee ;
- Checking and supervising the budget management and usage, the income distribution, the fund deduction and usage of governmental company; checking, supervising and evaluating the operation effect of governmental enterprises;
- Summarizing the progress of ownership transformation, state enterprise rearrangement; analyzing and evaluating the status of enterprise finance in the local area, the preservation and development of state budget at the enterprise established or contributed by locality, reporting to provincial People’s Committee and minister or finance ministry;
- Generally evaluating the implementation of financial mechanism served the development policy for collective and cooperative economy in the local area pursuant to the law.
8. On tariff management and assessment
- Leading to setup the tariff of goods and services; checking elements to form tariff for goods and services as authorized;
- Assessing tariff plan of properties, goods and public services; ordering and assigning plans and products which still are exclusive setup by departments, units or enterprises, then submitting for the approval of provincial People’s Committee ;
- Cooperating to related organizations negotiating tariff, checking exclusive tariff, preventing from devaluation sales, tariff posting and sales with posted tariff;
- Assessing the draft of decision of tariff promulgation for land types and land price plan at the local area so that department of natural resources and environment can submit for decision of provincial People’s Committee ;
- Publishing list of goods and services with stabilized price, price register and enumeration; and publishing the application of price stabilization in the local area according to the law;
- Collecting, analyzing and projecting the price fluctuation in the local area; reporting the implementation of state management activities of tariff in the local area according to regulations of Ministry of Finance and province People’s Committee ;
- Leading the cooperation to related organizations to check the legal implementation of tariff and assessing the tariff of organizations and individuals operated in the local area.
- Implementing the task of defining the specific price for each land block.
9. Instructing, managing and checking the implementation of legal regulations towards organizations who supply financial services in finance, accounting, independent auditing, and financial investment, business enterprises of lottery, gambling and games with rewards in the local area according to legal regulations.
10. Investigating, checking and solving complaints and denouncements; handling as authorized or suggesting to authorities handling actions break the law in aspects within state management scope of the Department; preventing from peculation, negative actions and saving practicing; from wasting of assigned properties and budget according to legal regulation.
11. Defining function, duty and authority of offices, inspectors, professional departments and enterprises of the Department; managing workforce, implementing salary policy and policies of treatment, training, courses, rewards, and disciplines for officers, staffs within management scope of Lam Dong Department of Finance according to the decentralization of province People’s Committee and legal regulations.
12. Implementing international cooperation on finances according to legal regulations and the assignment or authorization of provincial People’s Committee.
13. Organizing the research and application of advanced science and techniques; doing statistics and collection of data from specialized database on finance, supplying financial information served steering tasks or provincial People’s Committee.
Setting up the information storage system served financial management tasks and assigned professions; system administration, equipments maintenance, security application; prevention of illegal access, ensure the data safety, network monitoring, operation of system software and installed management programs; agreement on deployment of the common program and application in the whole of computer network for financial organizations and units at Lam Dong province (province and district level); organizing service of excavation and usage of data as authorized, pursuant the regulation on State secret protection.
Supplying information pursuant the legal regulation to organizations and individuals when they have demand of info supplement.
14. Implementing other duties assigned by provincial People’s Committee and pursuant the legal regulation.
V. Director and vice-directors of Department
1. There are one Head of Department and not more than 03 (three) Vice head’s;
2. The head of Department of finance is at the top of department, be responsible to province People’s committee, Chairman of province People’s Committee and to the Law for all operations of Department;
3. The vice Head helps the head of Department and be responsible to the Head of Department and the Law for assigned duties; when the Head of Dept. is absent, one vice head is authorized to monitor all operations by the head of department;
4. The appointment and reappointment of the Head and Vice head of Department of finance is decided by provincial People’s Committee according to the profession and knowledge standards issued by Ministry of Finance and pursuant to the State regulations on officer management.
The appointment, circulation, rewards, disciplinary, dismissing, resignation, retirement and other policies for the Head and Vice Head of Department of finance is implemented pursuant to the legal regulations.